Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Completely Lost
Election day is fast approaching and I am still uncertain of who I will vote for. How do you know who the better candidate is? I'd prefer for neither Perry or White to be elected. Both men are professional politicians, and therefore should not be trusted. It's times like these that you have to decipher the lesser of the two evils. My dilemma is that I'm completely uneducated and unaware of ether's political campaigns and "promises". It's true, the media plays a HUGE role in campaigning and representation of both parties. I rarely have time to watch t.v. , surf the web, or read the news. A person like me is left in the dark. I've been questioning whether I should even vote. Is it best to make an uneducated vote or to simply not vote at all? Do you stick with the same party all the way down the ballot? I suppose I could get online and do a bit of research on both parties, but truthfully, I just don't care. Perry and White(or any politician) can lie and promise you the moon, tell you they're going to do one thing then do the complete opposite. This is the main reason I have no interest in following or caring about any electoral race. I hope in the future I will invest more interest in these types of matters. As of right now, I feel that all possible candidates are scandalous and deceitful. I have no interest in anyone lying directly to my face. The most appropriate choice would be for me to stick with my party and vote that way. I guess that's what I'll have to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know the election is already over, but I just wanted to give you some suggestions about educating yourself while still being busy. Like most people in this county I am very busy and I also don’t have a lot of time to focus on something like politics. I believe politics is all bullshit anyways BUT I found that being educated on any topic is useful. So what I do, and what you might find useful, is I set up my laptop while making dinner, doing dishes, or just exercising and I listen to NPR or local news. That way I'm not only educated more on politics but on any news. YAY KNOWLEDGE!
ReplyDeleteI understand how you feel as I am in the same situation. It is especially hard when it comes to regional politics because it isn't covered as much and if you are a fairly new resident of Texas like I am, then it is even tougher. However, you should still try to get yourself familiarized with whats going on and how policies affect you and your family. Ignorance isn't an excuse and everyone is busy but it is not that hard to read the newspaper once in a while.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you on the fact that regarless ones opinion any politician can lie and promise you the moon, tell you they're going to do one thing then do the complete opposite. And i believe poitics should only interest those who are involved beacause what is the use of voting if you have no clue of what or who your voting for, like you mentioned, "is it best to make an uneducated vote or to simply not vote at all?" Many people believe that by voting that the vote will make a "difference" yes, in some aspect but whats the use if your not going to follow up and fully support whatever or whoever it is your voting for? Therefore i see a vote senselesss if your not going to continue on supporting that inactment.
ReplyDelete